Brinks Home is a leader in the smart home and residential security industries. Our teams are committed to working together to provide a best-in-class experience for each other, and for the more than 1 million people we protect in the continental U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a determined and dynamic Alarm Service Technician.
As an Alarm Service Technician, a typical day may include:
The Alarm Service Technician is a hands-on role. You will play an integral role in building and maintaining customer relationships. This role entails visiting customer sites throughout the workday installing, servicing, and inspecting low-voltage electronic security equipment.
What youll do:
Experience with Alarm panels such as: 2GIG, Qolsys , Ademco , GE, DSC, DMP, and others.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Replace system components as assigned; panels, peripheral devices, audible/visual alarms, etc.
Driving to customer homes to perform service. Occasional lifting, carrying ( up to 30 pounds ), pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stops, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
- Diagnose causes of problems or failures in systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and systems repair.
- Customer education and training including a system demonstration.
- Conduct a thorough walkthrough / site evaluation with the customer to review work order to make sure the system meets their needs and expectations.
- Install and test the operations of all equipment to ensure proper functionality and signal verification required to establish service.
I dentify opportunities to improve the use and functionality of the customers system and provide those recommendations.
- Maintain safety practices to prevent against injury and damage to property.
Maintain a clean and organized workspace / job site, ensuring customers satisfaction after the interaction.
What you will bring to the table:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Good driving record and Valid drivers license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working knowledge of how an alarm system operates.
- Must be ok with climbing ladders and working at heights.
Must be ok working in tight spaces such as crawlspaces, attics and basements.
- Low-voltage license or alarm installation certification
- NICET I
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, 401K, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Short- and Long-term disability, Maternity and Paternity leave, Employee Referral Program, Employee Resource Groups
What we stand for:
For more information about our core values and beliefs, visit https://brinkshome.com/sustainability .
Brinks Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.