We are looking to hire a German speaking Account Manager as part of our recently built EU Business Development Team. This person will be responsible for recruiting European Shippers onto the program, owning and growing Shipper engagements, and ensuring a great Shipper experience. The successful candidate will be results driven, highly analytical, Customer obsessed, and ready to roll up the sleeves to grow this business.
Key job responsibilities
- Recruiting new potential customers to use our products and services
- Identify new segments and unlock new customer base with best-in-class service.
- Maintain a high level of engagement from our *Customer* and proactively identify the challenges they are facing.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the portfolio.
- Be the voice of the customer (Shipper) to guide product development and iterations.
- Identify and lead new projects or initiatives to solve customer pain points and improve shipper experience.
About the team
Amazon Freight (AF) is a B2B start-up within Amazon Transportation Services in Europe.
Amazon Freight allows external businesses ('shippers') to use Amazons transportation technology and network to transport products in bulk across Europe. This is an innovative technology-driven solution for the logistics needs of small and large businesses and is scaling rapidly as an offering.
This role sits within the Business Development team, part of Amazon Freight Commercial team. Focusing on new customer acquisition in the EU market, Senior Business Developer is expected to attract new businesses, tailor our product to customers' needs and close business deals with the needle-moving shippers for Amazon Freight.
We offer flexible working hours. The team is diverse and intercultural with passionate members with a team player attitude.
- Bachelors degree
- Prior work experience within a commercial role (Sales, Account Management, Product Management, Business Development)
- Fluent German language
- Solid knowledge in MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in developing strategies/tactical solutions with a medium to high degree of complexity across customer needs, technologies, industry constraints, and company goals, navigating through ambiguity
- Business acumen, analytical skills, and integrity
- Masters degree
- Experience within the eCommerce, Technology, Retail, or other fast-paced industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Experience selling nascent products/services into new markets
- Additional EU languages are a plus, especially French and/or Dutch
- Experience in at least one of the following: transportation, logistics, operations, financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, consulting, negotiation, supply chain
- Experience using SalesForce, SQL, PowerBI, Python, Alchemy, Tableau, Google Analytics
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.