Day (United States of America)
Salary Range: $15.00 - $21.60
This is a medical billing position for a physicians practice. Providing efficient and timely follow up of delinquent and denied accounts from third party payers is an essential part of this role. This position is responsible for securing revenue for services provided by physicians of Albany Med by competing appeals, phone calls, and account review.
- High school diploma or GED is required. AAS degree is preferred.
- Customer service experience required
- Experience providing phone-based customer service a plus
- Proficiency in office software including Excel and Word
- Proficiency utilizing payer websites
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to Multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews charges and data for accuracy and appeals discrepancies in regards to CPT-4 and ICD-10 codes with Insurance Companies
- Validate and Correct registration and insurance information, notations, correct claim submission
- Researches and interprets information to efficiently reconcile accounts
- Review and understand payer policy guidelines regarding billing
- Follow internal policies and procedures for accurate account review
- Meet expected production and quality standards
- Other related duties as assigned
Extensive on the job training is provided for this role to ensure knowledge and skills are sufficient to perform required duties and responsibilities. Hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, days.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a need to know and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.