As an Assistant Program Manager, you'll work in a residential group home setting to provide the support necessary for the people we serve to achieve desired lifestyles and increased levels of independence, productivity, and social/physical integration. Additionally, you'll support the Program Manager in providing leadership, a positive work environment, and financial oversight.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- Train, schedule and provide leadership to diverse staff to ensure that services for each person are delivered as defined in his/her Individual Support Plan.
- Assist your Program Manager to maintain a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, cooperation, and safety.
- Provide motivation and feedback to staff using positive communication methods.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to address conflict, to facilitate resolution, and to develop/model professional and positive relationships with staff.
- Routinely monitor staff training, Incident Reports, ISP goals, BSPs or other support documents.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings.
- Communicate effectively using written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate computer skills and a working knowledge of computer databases.
- Fill inwhenever necessary to ensure compliance with the staffing ratio and/or to continue to foster teamwork and mentor staff.
- Work with the Program Managerto maintain finances for each person..
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community and governmental agencies, families, guardians, and agency support staff.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the OARs, the agencys policies/procedures and our Mission Statement.
- Assist with managing the program to stay within agency-approved budgets.
- Participate in Licensing Reviews and Self-Assessments and work with Program Manager on the Plans of Improvement.
- Interact with those we serve in a manner that demonstrates respect, enhances dignity, builds self-esteem, and empowers personal choice.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)