Responsible for the operation of converting bag machines in adherence to all safety regulations and procedures that will ensure the manufacturing of a quality product with minimal scrap, while meeting a production schedule and keeping the work area clean. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the set up and operation of bag machines to produce a quality product that meets or exceeds customers requirements.
- Reads, understands, and ensures compliance to machine set-up and production requirements as outlined in work orders and blue lines.
- Meets or exceeds daily production rates and scrap standards.
- Trouble shoot & repair mechanical breakdowns & perform adjustments as necessary.
- Perform bag machine changeovers as required while adhering to standards.
- Set up & gauge printers as necessary
- Provide training, assign, direct, and control the activities of assisting personnel. e.: Helpers, inspectors, etc.
- Review and ensure compliance of safety rules and procedures with assisting personnel.
- Maintain a clean work area in aisles and around the machine.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on bag machines as required. i. e.: twice daily and monthly machine lubrication, annual preventative maintenance, etc.
- Must be able to adhere to company policy, safety rules and regulations, and wear PPE
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two five years of experience operating machines
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; with the ability to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, including some Saturdays.