Instacart Shopper - Hiring Immediately
Posted On: 2021-09-24 (valid until 2021-12-31)
Location(s): Adams Center, NY, 13606
About the job
Start earning quickly. It's more flexible than working part-time.
Instacart is the North American leader in online groceries (and so much more) from a huge number of stores. Our technology aims to make grocery delivery effortless and accessible to everyone. Full-service shoppers select orders through an app on their smartphone, shop the orders in a nearby store, and then deliver them to the customer's door.
- Start earning quickly*
- Shop on your schedule
- Get paid weekly, with the option to cash out instantly
- Earn tips for good service
- Redeem special earnings promotions, as available
- At least 18 years old (21+ to deliver alcohol)
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Consistent access to a vehicle and a recent smartphone
- Ability to lift 50 lbs with or without accommodation
- Knowledge of French and English
Shopping on the Instacart platform is great for anyone looking for flexible, seasonal, entry-level, weekend, weekday, after-school, or temporary opportunities. As an Instacart Full Service Shopper, you can work more flexibly than a part-time job.
Anybody is welcome to sign-up, but you’ll likely be a great fit if you already provide services as a personal shopper or are involved in the grocery or transportation industries -- jobs like couriers, drivers, truck drivers, professional drivers, taxi drivers, and food delivery drivers will all have readily cross-applicable skills.
Instacart is committed to diversity and providing equal opportunities for independent contractors. Instacart considers qualified individuals without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, veteran, disability status, or other categories protected by applicable law.
Instacart also values providing prospective contractors with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. Instacart evaluates criminal histories following this value and applicable local, state, and federal laws, and tailors any consideration of criminal histories to the requirements of the contract engagement sought.
*Batches subject to availability. Terms apply.
1. Why use Instacart to purchase and deliver groceries?
Instacart is the market leader in grocery delivery. They work hard to make grocery delivery simple, inexpensive, and accessible to everybody. Their technology allows people to shop online at their favorite retailers and buy goods from anywhere. Full-service shoppers accept these orders via a smartphone app, then shop for and deliver goods to the customer's doorstep. It is beneficial for Full-Service shoppers because of the following reasons:
- Start earning money right away.
- You may shop whenever you want.
- Shop for the customer's order and deliver it.
- Grocery delivery to new and familiar places to get to know your neighborhood.
2. Who are full-Service Shoppers?
Full-service shoppers are independent contractors that shop for and deliver orders for their clients using the Instacart platform. You pick which batches you'd want to shop, and there's no limit to how many batches you may fulfill with this chance.
3. What are the prerequisites to be a Full- Service Shopper at Instacart?
To be a full-service shopper on the Instacart site, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Work authorization in your city.
- A smartphone running Android 5.0 or above, as well as iOS 9 or higher.
- a registered and operational vehicle
- In line with local legislation, vehicle insurance is required.
- Can lift 30 pounds or more
- Following the food safety rules of Instacart
4. How does Instacart compensate its Full-Service Shoppers?
Payment for batches that need to get fulfilled and delivered depends on many parts:
- A grocery delivery payment with a flexible basis.
- AA flexible incentive payment, given to the shopper to persuade them to accept the order.
- AA mileage reimbursement that is equal to or slightly higher than the government rate.
- AAn optional tip is added at the discretion of the consumer.
- AA "bump" payment, or extra money, covers the difference between the total of the above and Instacart's minimum batch payout.
5. How are the working conditions for Instacart Full-Service shoppers?
Full-service shoppers choose their own schedules and can work as little or as much as they like. Because they work as an Independent contractor. Instacart encourages full-service shoppers to work during peak grocery shopping hours. Which are generally weekday nights and all day on weekends, but does not punish those who do not.
The Instacart shopper app, on the other hand, thinks that shoppers who refuse several consecutive orders are done for the day and logs them out of the Instacart shopper app, giving them 30 minutes to check back in before getting forced to leave for the day.
6. What is the employment status of the Instacart full-service shoppers?
Full-service shoppers are responsible for staying on top of their state and federal income tax requirements as independent contractors. Self-employed full-service shoppers who earn more per month are liable to self-employment tax and may get compelled to make quarterly anticipated tax payments to state and federal revenue authorities. Instacart does not deduct tax from the gross pay of full-service shoppers.
Full-service shoppers must also pay for vehicle expenditures such as gasoline and maintenance out of pocket, despite getting compensated for kilometers traveled.