Hiring near me - DoorDash Delivery Driver / Courier
Posted On: 2021-09-24 (valid until 2021-12-31)
Location(s): AllCities, AllStates
About the job
DoorDash Delivery Driver / Courier
No passengers. No bosses. Just you, your tunes, and the road.
Sign up now and start making money!
Choose your wheels and deliver food and other items from local merchants to hungry customers.
- Be your own boss. Work when you want, wherever you want
- Work in the morning, at night, or any time in between
- Use any car, bike, scooter, motorcycle, or moped to deliver Start today and be your own boss.
- Get on the road today. Car, Motorcycle, and Moped Requirements
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid Driver's License and insurance 18+ years of age
- 1+ years of driving experience Bike Requirements
- iPhone or Android smartphone
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with local businesses. Customers order meals and other items from their favorite local merchants and Dashers deliver them directly to their doors. Dashers are third-party contractors who deliver for merchants to customers. *Dashers are paid on a per delivery basis, not per hour.
1) Who is a DoorDash delivery driver?
The food delivery service DoorDash does not hire any of its delivery drivers as employees. Candidates instead sign up to the DoorDash service, create a driver’s account and use that account to pick up delivery orders from local restaurants and deliver them to the address given by DoorDash users. DoorDash delivery drivers, often called Dashers, are independent contractors.
2) What are the working hours for DoorDash Dashers?
DoorDash drivers get to choose their own working hours. All they have to do is go to their drivers' account and enter in their set hours that are convenient for them. These hours can be part-time or full-time. They can be a few hours during the week, or a few hours during the weekend. This is one of the biggest perks of a DoorDash delivery driver job. To work and earn on your own time, according to your own schedule.
3) What if a DoorDash delivery driver does not know a location?
Delivery drivers use the navigation system on the DoorDash app to find the best-suggested routes to the restaurant and to the user’s given address. The navigation feature gives delivery drivers the fastest route there is. If Dashers still have an issue they can contact users at any time to let them know.
4) How do DoorDash food delivery drivers earn?
DoorDash delivery drivers receive a base payment on every order they accept and deliver. This base pay varies with each order and it includes the type of order, number of items, distance, location, time, etc. Delivery drivers can track their earnings daily using the earning tracker feature on the DoorDash app.
5) How do DoorDash drivers increase their weekly earnings?
DoorDash delivery drivers have several different ways they can increase their earnings. The primary way is to increase the number of orders they deliver. The more they deliver, the more they can earn. Some tips to maximize the number of deliveries is:
- DoorDash delivery drivers get to keep 100% of all tips earned. Delivery drivers receive tips whenever the food is delivered hot and fresh.
- Deliver orders during peak hours such as lunch or dinner, weekends, etc. At a time when there is a high demand for take-out orders.
- DoorDash drivers can increase the number of deliveries they make if they spend their time in areas where the restaurants use the DoorDash app for deliveries.
- DoorDash drivers can opt for Stacked Orders. This is when a Dasher accepts more than one delivery request at a time, either from the same restaurant or nearby restaurants. DoorDash picks up and drops off these orders one at a time. When an order gets delivered, Dashers immediately receive payment for the order.
6) What kind of deliveries do DoorDash drivers have?
DoorDash drivers have three different types of order requests they receive. They are:
- Delivery drivers need to pick up a customer’s take-out order from the restaurant and deliver them to the customers' address.
- Delivery drivers need to pay for the take-out before picking it up and delivering it to the given address.
- Delivery drivers need to order the meal themselves, pay for it, and then deliver it to the user’s address.
7) Do DoorDash delivery drivers pay for the take-out orders?
Just before starting out, Dashers receive an ‘activation kit’ from DoorDash. This kit includes a manual, an insulated bag or a hot bag, and a Red card or a Company card. Delivery drivers must use this Company card to pay for users’ take-out meals.
8) How to apply to become a Dasher at DoorDash?
To join the DoorDash delivery driver team candidates just need to follow these steps:
- Go to the DoorDash website.
- Click on ‘Become a Dasher’ to get redirected to the online application form.
- Fill in your personal and contact details.
- Submit the necessary documents like drivers’ license, vehicle registration, auto insurance, etc.
- Consent to a quick background check
- In a few days, DoorDash will get in touch for further employment details.
- Receive the ‘Activation Kit’
- Activate your DoorDash drivers' account
- Start Dashing and earning on your own time.