AMAZON PICKER/PACKER $16.65
Location(s): Sonyea, NY, 14556
Salary: --Status: This job is expired
About the job
Overnight, Sunrise, Day, Evening, Weekend
Job opportunities vary by location. We update postings daily with open positions.
Immediate openings are available now.
Become a part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon's service. From flexible part-time roles to full-time set schedules with health care benefits, Amazon jobs have a lot of variety.
Amazon online jobs remain open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety.
Reasons you'll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep people healthy.
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more.
- Stay active: You'll be on the move for your whole shift in our fast-paced environments.
Amazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
DELIVERY STATIONS- Amazon's delivery stations are the final stop before an order heads out for delivery to the customers' door. In Amazon Delivery Driver jobs you sort packages into delivery routes. To ensure we meet customer-promised delivery times, shift times will vary. Depending on your location, you'll work a set schedule with hours that range between full-time and part-time.
PRIME NOW WAREHOUSES- Prime Now is Amazon's super-fast (2 hours or less) delivery service. Enjoy the thrill of working with a small team to select and pack orders, and get items ready for delivery in an hour. Since orders may include fresh and frozen items, they can be cool in the warehouse. If you need flexibility in your schedule, this job allows you to choose from available shifts each week to create your own. Flexible hours, a reliable pay rate, and no surprises.
WHOLE FOODS SHOPPERS- Prime Now offers shopping services from Whole Foods Market, so customers can order online and have items delivered in under two hours. As an Amazon shopper associate, you'll work in a grocery store setting at Whole Foods, locating and carefully selecting items and packaging them for delivery. If you need flexibility in your schedule, this job allows you to choose from available shifts each week to create your own. Flexible hours, a reliable pay rate, and no surprises.
AMAZON FRESH WAREHOUSES (2 Hour or Less Delivery)- Become a part of Amazon's super-fast (2 hours or less) delivery service. We offer fresh, frozen, and packaged groceries, so you'll work in varying climates from room temperature to freezer environments. We will provide you with the right gear to stay warm during the colder parts of your shift. If you need flexibility in your schedule, this job allows you to choose from available shifts each week to create your own. Flexible hours, a reliable pay rate, and no surprises.
- *Full-time and part-time roles with set schedules may also be available.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma, and Candidates must be 18 years or older.
Amazon's workforce is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon jobs are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
1. How can a person sign up to be a picker/packer at Amazon?
You just have to download the Amazon app and log on to the account and you just have to sign up. Go and surf in the jobs section and opt for the center and area you prefer. You will have to fulfill all the required details including whether you wish to be a part-time or full-time Amazon picker. Your consent would be needed and asked to run a quick background check by the firm. After all the procedures are done, you are welcome to join as an Amazon warehouse associate.
2. How is it like to work at an Amazon warehouse?
If you are working as an Amazon picker at the Amazon warehouse your work can be hasty. You have to stand all day long and walk regularly. Because an Amazon picker is only responsible for the packaging, sorting, and delivery of the customers' orders. And maintaining the pride of the company.
You also have to manually lift 75 pounds of heavy stuff around regularly with or without additional assistance from others. The job as an Amazon picker is hard but it has its own perks. It's not like regular 9-5 desk jobs where you have to sit all day long to do your work. In this job, you are free to move wherever and whenever you want, plus qualification requirements are also basic which gives young minds a great opportunity to start working and earn well.
3. Does the job involve providing multiple roles?
Yes, the job of an Amazon warehouse associate involves multiple roles such as-
- To meet the picking tickets, locating merchandise is the responsibility of an Amazon picker.
- He/she labels various types of inventories.
- Following labeling and safety procedures is essential.
- Moreover, an Amazon picker puts deliveries in the appropriate areas. So that it would be easier to mark and deliver them to the customers on time.
4. What are the other incentives provided by the company?
Amazon jobs do a lot for the people working for the company. And provides various benefits to them such as-
- PTO (Paid Time Off)- workers get paid holidays.
- Healthcare facilities such as medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Bonuses, and tips, etc., apart from the salary.
Though the number of paid holidays depends on how long you've worked with the company and it increases every year. And you don't have to wait to work for some desired time to get benefits. In the Amazon workforce, a person who has joined recently can also avail the benefits provided by the company.
5. What is the Fulfilment Centre Department?
Fulfillment center departments receive inventory, sort, and shelf products in their respective bin or pallet location, and keep track of units on-hand. Their major goal is to turn over stock quickly and ship orders out as efficiently as possible.
All these tasks at the Amazon fulfillment centers are done by the Amazon warehouse associates and if any kind of issue arises with the tasks done then they are also responsible for the same.