Amazon Picker/Packer $15
Posted On: 2021-09-24 (valid until 2021-12-31)
Location(s): Ackworth, IA, 50001
About the job
Shifts: Overnight, Early Morning, Evening, Weekend
Immediate openings are available now.
Become part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon's service. From flexible part-time roles to full-time set schedules with health care benefits, Amazon has a variety of jobs. Find the right Amazon opportunity for you today.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep people healthy.
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more! Find out which benefits you'll get after you choose your role with us.
- Stay active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our fast-paced environments.
Amazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
Work inside an Amazon warehouse, selecting, packing, and shipping customer orders. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring orders to life. Work a set, full-time schedule. Shift options include overnight and days, and usually at least one weekend day.
Amazon’s delivery stations are the final stop before an order heads out for delivery to the customer’s door. In this active job, you sort packages into delivery routes. To ensure we meet customer-promised delivery times, shift times will vary. Depending on your location, you’ll work a set schedule with hours that range between full-time and part-time.
Delivery Stations (Heavy Bulky)
Before they head out for delivery to the customer’s doors, this is the final stop for larger items, like large screen TVs, furniture, and refrigerators, before they head out for delivery t. In this active job, you will sort our heavier and bulkier packages into delivery routes. Our teams work overnight shifts to meet customer-promised delivery times during the day. You’ll work up to 19 hours per week on the days you choose. Flexible hours, a reliable pay rate, and no surprises!
Whole Foods Shoppers
Prime Now offers shopping services from Whole Foods Market, so customers can order online and have items delivered in under two hours. As a Shopper, you’ll work in a grocery store setting at Whole Foods, locating and carefully selecting items and packaging them for delivery. If you need flexibility in your schedule, this job allows you to choose from available shifts each week to create your own. Flexible hours, a reliable pay rate, and no surprises!
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
1) What is an Amazon Picker/Packer?
The Amazon Fulfillment Centre includes the Amazon warehouse department. The warehouse department includes several different employment positions, one of them being the Picker position or sometimes known as the Packer position. They are usually in charge of the Amazon packages and ensuring they are boxed according to Amazon standards.
2) What qualifications does an Amazon Picker/Packer need?
Amazon Picker or Packers is an entry-level employment position. This means applicants only need to be at least eighteen years old and have a high school diploma or a GED as their minimum level of education. Something equal to a GED will also be accepted. Additional experience working in a warehouse or using equipment can be helpful but not all a requirement.
3) What does an Amazon Picker/Packer do?
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of an Amazon Picker/Packer may include some of the following jobs:
- Locating, tracking, and gathering products and merchandise.
- Keeping track of merchandise and stock inventory
- Examining Amazon products for any damage
- Packing products and orders according to all the official steps and safety procedures followed by Amazon.
- Loading and Unloading packages of all sizes.
- Labeling and weighing merchandise.
- Entering all items and order details in the Amazon database
- Stacking and Staging packages for delivery.
4) Are there any qualities an Amazon Picker/Packer is expected to have?
Amazon Picker/Packers is an on-the-job training position. To make sure employees can give their best work they are expected to have certain skills and qualities like:
- A good listener to understand and follow instructions well.
- A good communicator and team player.
- Physically fit to be on your feet for long periods.
- Be able to lift packages of all sizes weighing at least 50 pounds/22 kilograms.
- Have efficient organizational skills.
5) What are the working hours for an Amazon Picker/Packer?
Amazon Picker/Packers work according to shifts that are convenient for them. They have a choice of shifts like morning, day, evening, and night. Their hours are set according to their own preferences and can be flexible and adjustable. Part-time workers have a maximum of twenty hours a week and full-time employees can work up to forty hours a week.
6) How much does a Picker/Packer earn?
Amazon Picker/Packer earns a fixed minimum hourly wage. Employees have their earnings deposited directly into their bank account at the end of every week. An Amazon Picker/Packer can increase their wage by working extra hours or extra shifts, work performance, incentives, bonuses, etc.
7) What is the Amazon warehouse work environment like?
The Amazon warehouse work environment is a dynamic and fast-paced but efficient setup. Amazon makes sure the warehouse is a safe, hygienic space that follows all safety and health regulations. Sometimes the Amazon warehouse noise level can be slightly louder than normal.
8) How do you apply to be an Amazon Picker/Packer?
To join the Amazon Fulfillment Centre and be a part of the Amazon Warehouse department as a Picker/Packer applicants need to follow these steps:
- Log on to the Amazon Jobs website.
- Go to the Fulfillment Centre section.
- Search for Amazon warehouse department jobs
- Click on Apply Now for an Amazon Picker/Packer Jobs.
- Fill in the online application form with persona and contact details
- Mention qualifications and experiences
- Consent to a standard background check
- Wait for a few days to a week for Amazon to get in touch for further details.